How to Flash a Custom ROM using TWRP Recovery on a Huawei Phone
Install a Custom ROM using TWRP Recovery: Android is a great mobile operating system, but sometimes you get disappointed with the version with your phone. Although Google announced Android P OS, most of the devices are not eligible to get the update. Thanks to Google for making Android open-source, which gives users to taste the latest operating system by flashing custom ROM. Here’s a detailed tutorial on how to flash a custom ROM using TWRP on any Huawei / Honor EMUI smartphone.
Custom ROM is a modified version of Android which lets you enjoy several new features and customization’s options which the current ‘Stock ROM’ might be missing. You’ll get rid of all the bloatware that came pre-installed on your phone, and you can get stock Android instead of your manufacturer’s lame custom UI (Like Huawei’s EMUI). You can also upgrade to latest Android version through a custom ROM, even though the manufacturers have suspended further Android updates.
So, what are you waiting for? Download Custom ROM from here and follow our quick steps to flash on your smartphone.
- The following flashing tutorial is compatible with most of the Huawei EMUI phones including Honor 7X, Huawei P20, Huawei P8 Lite, Mate 9, Huawei Enjoy 6, Huawei Ascend Mate 7, Honor 10, Honor Holly 3, Honor 8 Pro and more.
- The battery level on your device should be 70% or more to avoid unnecessary power-off in-between the process which may even result in a brick.
- TWRP Recovery should be installed. You can follow our guide on how to flash TWRP on any Huawei device.
- Enable USB Debugging and Developer options on your device.
- Perform a backup of all your important data including SMS, Contacts, Media, App data, etc. to a safe place.
- The bootloader of your device should be unlocked. Guide to Unlock Huawei’s Bootloader.
Disclaimer: Flashing custom ROM on your Android device may voids company warranty. It’s you responsible for any damage occurs to your device which is very uncertain if you follow the steps accordingly.
Read: Artificial Intelligence and The Dangers You Should Know
How to install a Custom ROM using TWRP on any Huawei / Honor EMUI phone
1. First, you need to download and transfer the custom ROM you wish to flash to your device storage. Make sure you copy the ROM to root of the folder.
2. Next, boot your Huawei phone into TWRP custom recovery. You can follow our guide on how to boot into TWRP Recovery.
3. Select the “Wipe” option from the TWRP main menu and enable a “Swipe to Factory Reset” on the bottom of the screen.
4. Now you need to head back to recovery main menu, and tap on ‘Install’. Here you need to select the custom ROM .zip file which you have placed to device storage in step 1.
5. Perform ‘Swipe to Confirm flash’ on the bottom of the screen. Now, the installation process starts on your device. You need to keep patience and wait as the installation process takes some time.
6. Once the custom ROM is successfully flashed, you’ll notice the “Wipe cache/Dalvik” option, select it and then enable “Swipe to wipe” from the bottom of the screen.
7. Finally, perform ‘Reboot System’ from recovery main menu.
Congratulations! Your device will automatically boot with the custom ROM you have just installed. Do remember that the first boot might take some time, so there is no need to panic.
Check out: Grids for Instagram on Windows