Its a pain in the ass when your computer freezes, but the main question is why it is freezing so frequently and why it is slowing down your computer performance. There can be so many possible reasons causing this decrease in the system performance. If you are using Norton antivirus then there might be a chance that it is conflicting with your system’s settings. There are some errors like Norton error 8504 104 and Norton error 8504 that can freeze your computer. So keep that in mind if you are one of the ones who use Norton, plus McAfee is another system hogger. But try not to worry about this blog post, I am going to go through some steps that might stop your computer freezing. Also, I’ll add a fix to how to work around the Norton 8504 104 error.
Stopping Your Computer From Freezing
Here are some general steps that may help.
- Check your Mouse
Sometimes we think that our system is frozen but in reality, the system might not get any response from your side even after hitting any keyboard key or mouse button. This can happen because the mouse or keyboard is faulty, or possibly the batteries are dying. Make sure to try the devices on another computer if possible, and replace the batteries to be positive that you can count the devices out altogether.
If you use a wireless mouse and keyboard, also keep in mind that the USB dongle may also be faulty, Its best to try a wired mouse and keyboard to eliminate this problem.
If you are overloading your system’s CPU, this will boost the demand on your processor which in effect will heat up. This overheating can cause system failure potentially putting your CPU at risk, and causing performance glitches. If you haven’t inspected the inside of your machine recently, try and take a quick glance to see if you can double-check that the fan is fully operational and that no wires are caught in the fan to stop it from cooling the CPU.
Continuously ensure that your PC’s vents are all clear and have a nice flow of air. There are likewise programs accessible to screen the temperatures in Windows out of gear and burden, that would assist you with distinguishing the overheating when it introduces itself.
- Software Errors
Your software can also slow down your PC. You can install the software which you like but make sure that your PC can handle the process and load of the program. The most common thing is the e-games. If you have installed games that need higher performance that your PC’s configuration then your PC will freeze or it can also crash.
- Computer Viruses
There are huge chances that your PC is affected by some viruses or malware. If you click on any spam link or if you plug in any infected pen drive in your system then there are chances that your system will also get infected until and unless you have not installed any software that can save your PC from viruses.
- Norton Error 8504 104
If you want to remove the Norton error 8504 and others too then you have to follow the steps mentioned below. But before proceeding towards the steps, you should have a working Norton account and an activated Norton product so that you can easily resolve the issue on your PC. So.without wasting more time, let’s get started and fix the Norton error 8504 and 104.
Step 1: Remove other Antivirus from PC
- To make things easier, first of all, remove other software that is related to PC’s security and protection so that Norton antivirus does not reflect with other software on the PC.
- Press Win+R and now type appwiz.cpl and hit Enter.
- Now, a window will popup and you will be able to see a list of the programs that are installed on your PC.
- Select the Antivirus/Free Security tool and click on Uninstall/Remove program.
- Follow the instructions on your computer screen to remove the particular program.
- When the uninstallation process has been done, restart your PC.
Step 2: Use Norton Remove and Reinstall Tool
- If you think that going to list and removing the software is time taking and confusing that you can use this Norton Remove and Reinstall tool to make things easy.
- To use this software first you have to visit Norton’s official website and download the software.
- Now, go to your download folder and install the Norton Remove and Reinstall tool.
- After installing the software, you have to go to the advanced option and click on Remove only.
- Click on Remove, and restart the system.
Step 3: Update Graphics Card
- Your graphics card can also conflict with the Norton antivirus, so it can also cause Norton error 8504 and 104. So, you can update your graphics driver to solve the issue.
- Right-click on My Computer, go to Manage, now click on Device Manager then go to Display adapters or you can also use a shortcut, press Win+R, and type devmgmt.dsc and hit Enter.
- Now double click on Display adapters and right-click on HD graphics card.
- Click on Update Driver Software.
- Now restart your PC and check again.
Step 4: Update your System’s device drivers
There are some chances that your PC’s drivers are not up to date. Yes, you are connected to the internet every time but some drivers are there which we have to update manually, and these outdated drivers can cause some error on your system. So update them now to avoid such an issue on your system.
Driver Update Tools like Driver Doc are recommended by experts to automate the entire process of updating the device drivers.
Step 5: Using Norton AutoFix Tool
If the above steps are not able to solve your problem then you can use this tool to remove the Norton error 8504 automatically. To fix Norton error 8504 automatically you have to download the Norton AutoFix Tool from the official website of Norton.
After downloading the tool, run the tool, and follow the instructions. This tool will automatically detect the issue and will also resolve it. There is no need for your interference in the process, so sit back, and let the tool do its work.
These are some steps, which are surely going to help you to fix Norton error 8504 and 104. Still, if you are not able to troubleshoot the error then you can contact our experts to solve this error. We are available for you to 24*7, which means you can call us at night as well as in daytime time too.
Type of Norton Error 8504
You are not getting Norton Error 8504, right? But your prompt screen has 8504 in the box, do not worry we are mentioning some errors which are the same or the part of Norton 8504 104.
- Norton error 8504 0
- Norton error 8504 5
- Norton error 8504 and 104
- Norton error 8504 and 100
- Norton Error 8504 102
- Norton Error 8504 106
- Norton Error Code 8504 101
These are error definitions that might be appearing on your PC screen. There are chances that you are seeing more than one error, but you don’t have to worry about it, because here we are going to tell you how to solve all these errors in very simple steps.
Here you can find the answer if you were searching resolution for these problems then you’re at the right destination, get answers for – Norton error 8504 0, Norton 360 error 8504 and 104, Norton Autofix error 8504 and 100, Norton Autofix error 8504 and 102, Norton error unable to continue, Norton error 8504 and 101, what is Norton error 8504 and 104, Norton error 8504 106, what is Norton error 8504 5, what is Norton error 8504 0, fix Norton error 8504, and what does Norton error 8504 mean.